[Last Updated October 22, 2020]
At L&R Distributors, Inc. (“L&R”), we take your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice describes how we use the information we collect or that you provide to us through the L&R website (“Website”), by phone, in person, and through other electronic communications. When we say Website, we mean www.thelrway.com, www.lrdist.com, https://eshop.lrdist.com/ and all related services, content, functionality, and transactions offered by L&R on or through these sites. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Attention: Website Administrator, L&R Distributors, Inc., 88 35th Street, Building 4, 5th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11232.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information You Provide Directly to Us
You provide information to us when you interact with the Website, including when you join our mailing list, create an account, place an order, contact us (via email, telephone, or otherwise), or respond to a survey or questionnaire. The information you provide to us may include:
- Your contact and shipping information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Your payment information (for example, credit card, banking and/or payment details, banking and your billing address)
- The shipping information (such as names, shipping addresses, and telephone numbers) for anyone to whom you want us to ship your purchases.
When you apply for a job, you may also provide us with information and documents. We collect the information contained in those documents, in addition to other information, such as:
- Your first and last names
- Contact information
- Work history, education information, skills, professional and work-related licenses
- Work authorization status
- Cover letter
- Information that is available publicly
Information We Collect by Automated Means
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Without cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the Website.
The Website may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies, and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may allow you to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies.
Web server logs and Web Beacons
Web server logs may collect information about your device, operating system, browser, domain, and other system settings, such as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located; the address of the Web page that referred you to the Website; the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet; and other information about your interaction with the Website, such as which pages you visit. To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place small electronic tags called Web beacons on our Web pages and in our emails, which are files that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies. Again, without web server logs and web beacons, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information you provide directly to us and information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, purchases, and applications;
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about your account;
- Make your experience on the Website better;
- Send you information about L&R’s products and services or those of our retail and marketing partners;
- Display relevant advertising to you on the Website and across the Internet;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, products and services (including to analyze, customize and develop new products and services; perform market research, data analytics, and data enhancement; measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; administer the Website; and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
- Verify your identity and protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities;
- Evaluate your candidacy when you apply for a job with us;
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your personal information.
We may share the information we collect or you provide:
- With our service providers and the merchants who fulfill your orders, as well as with our subsidiaries and affiliates, for any of the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice. For instance, we may share the information we collect with service providers that provide hosting services, customer and technical support, marketing, billing, payment, or email services, security, anti-fraud or other operational support.
- If you sign up for an account by clicking on an affiliate or referral link (e.g., on a social media site or elsewhere online) served by someone who has identified you as a contact of theirs, we may share your personal information with that contact. We may also inform people who identify you as their contact whether or not you have an L&R account, e.g., to permit them to serve as your L&R referral.
- Subject to applicable law, including if we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order or legal process; when we believe disclosure would be appropriate in response to governmental or regulatory requests; when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss; in connection with an investigation of unlawful activity, and for fraud detection and prevention.
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Website. For example, third-party providers of certain embedded content and tools on the Website (such as social network plug-ins) may collect personal information directly from you in connection with your interaction with such content and tools. Such providers’ use of the information is subject to their own privacy policies, which we recommend you review. We are not responsible for such providers’ privacy practices, and those practices are not covered by this Privacy Notice.
If you would like to update or modify your personal information, you may contact us as described in the “How To Contact Us” section below or, where applicable, you may make these choices directly by logging into your account. You may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email you receive from us, or by contacting us as described in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
We take many steps to protect your information, but we can’t promise that our security program will eliminate all security risks. When you provide information to us, you do so at your own risk.
But we do ask you to please help protect your information. There are a number of things you can do, such as:
- Using a unique password for the Website that never has or will be used anywhere else – please think up a new one that you never used before, and please only use that password with us;
- Protecting the confidentiality of your login information- don’t give your username or password to anyone, anywhere, anytime;
- Accessing the Website only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and up-to-date security software; and
Taking these steps will not guarantee security but may help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats.
Links to Other Websites and Online Services
The Website may provide links to other third party websites and online services, such as merchants or manufacturers of products sold on the Website or third party service providers that help the Website operate. Linked websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content or use of any third-party websites or services or their privacy or security practices.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically to reflect changes in our practices or relevant laws as we grow. To notify you of any changes that we make, we will post the updated version on https://eshop.lrdist.com/, and any other Websites to which the updated Privacy Notice applies, and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was last updated.
Your Privacy Rights (For California Users)
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Cal. Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to California customers’ inquiries about the categories of personal information that are shared for third parties’ direct marketing purposes, over the prior calendar year. You may send those inquiries to us by email at email@example.com or by U.S. Mail at Website Administrator, L&R Distributors, Inc., 88 35th Street, Building 4, 5th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11232 to learn the categories of personal information that we may have shared during the prior calendar year.
Subject to various exemptions, including related to employment-related information, and business-to-business-related information, and any further exemptions as may be passed, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with certain additional rights regarding their personal information. This section explains these rights and how to make a verifiable consumer request to exercise those rights. To the extent these rights apply, you may only make a verifiable consumer request for access to your personal information to us twice within a 12 month period, free of charge. You also may request a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information (if any), as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties.
- Right to know and access your personal information collected and disclosed. We are committed to ensuring that you know what information we collect about you. Subject to certain exceptions, you can submit a request to us for the following information, with respect to personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months:
- The categories of or specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or disclosed the personal information.
- The third parties with whom we shared the information.
- Right to request deletion of your personal information. Upon your request, we will delete the personal information we have collected about you, except for situations where specific information is necessary for us to retain for particular purposes, such as providing you with a good or service that you requested; performing a contract we entered into with you; maintaining the functionality or security of our systems; using internally in ways that are compatible with the context in which you provided the information or are reasonably aligned with your expectations; or complying with or exercise rights provided by the law. If we cannot grant your deletion request, we will specify the basis for denial.
- Right to opt-out of the sale of personal information. Under the CCPA, you have the right to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information from businesses that sell your personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to exercise any of the rights above, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (800) 441-7173, or by U.S. Mail at Website Administrator, L&R Distributors, Inc., 88 35th Street, Building 4, 5th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11232.